4 grudnia 2023

I am a pretty modern person, after all.

     "Really? Be for real. Someone who criticizes social medias, could use a flip phone, hates digitalization of everything can be modern?" Yes, duh. Go home, I ain't some grandma lost in 1950s!

    I often seem to be... Out of this world. Especially when I portray myself, because on the first look I am serious, perfectionistic and just... The vintage freak. Too much of a traditionalist... Yes that is true. But how my life actually looks is a little bit different. Much different...

    I hate digitalization of everything, where we need to have all of these 100 options in one device, despite the options being low-quality and we won't use like 3/4 of these, but I still have an iPhone who is pretty much based on this... And I paid for it with my own money, so I am aware of my own decisions. Call me hypocrite! My defense on this is my screen-time per day is around 1,5 hours of my phone use.

    My opinions on lifestyles are pretty traditional as I said (NOT the "bring back the tradwife" type of traditional) and I like coming back to traditions and old methods, like fountain pens, my clothing (I try to apply historical undergarments into my lifestyle, but with modern alternatives), photographs... Etc. But I still use new digital devices as a tools for my hobbies. I am practical surprisingly and I would DIE rather than write everything what I create in some notebook instead of using Google Docs! I write a lot of long, long stories (200 pages the longest) and create character sheets and things like that and I cannot imagine doing this outside my laptop... My mom would already call some therapist, because she surely would find all of these things that I wrote... And she likes to read things that are not supposed to be seen by others!!! Not even the privacy, but when I write on computer I put my whole focus on what I write, not how and if it's gonna look pretty. Writing on computer makes me put more brain into what I do.

    I grew up with all these technologies, so they are a part of my life... As tools, not things I cannot live without. I put a big barrier when it comes to it. I surely also think that some things were better years ago when it comes to quality of what we bought, wore, what was taken in mind and what is now not... But I also would feel anxious without Maps app... Like... I cannot see myself getting anywhere without even being able to print screenshot of Google Maps route. I think through my eyes, If I write the directions on a paper I will get lost. I need to have the graphic vision of my route!

    I often feel like the old grandma in young skin or like people may think that I act like this because I want adults to like me... But why? I don't care about adults.... Well I am one.

    I like what modernity has to offer and I take it and use. I am not denying it. I like modernish style of home interior (ONLY if there is dark wood and big plants!), I am a fan of cars (okay. old-school ones), I love music from 2005 to 2013, I would kill for the 2000s mini skirts and the iconic sassy fashion, my sense of humor is really modern-based... Yes I laugh at low-quality images with stupid text on it. I also am binge watching Pretty Little Liars and waited 10 days just to get GTA V for the lowest price possible on Summer Sale on Steam... And my stories and characters are pretty... Far from traditional and "vintage values", but really the opposite. My characters would bring so many scandals in the old times that I feel like they would get a life sentence for that.

Yes, I love this type of home decor!

    Half of my life, including my childhood I spent on the Internet. Many things happened to me there, which made me hate Internet and everything here... It feels wrong, but still most of my memories are about things that happened online. This is depressing. I grew up to be a really aware person and I want to stay informed about social medias harm and everything... This is one of my favorite thing to discuss, I feel like this is such an interesting topic... But I still use the Internet. We live in a world where if You want the best muffins recipe, You gotta find it on Instagram. And I do the same and recently I baked the best muffins I ever ate - from Instagram.
 

Sincerely and entirely Yours,
Vin.
 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz