22 listopada 2023

Writing like we used to pt.2

     Don't You ever think about how letter writing is such... An old-fashioned thing? It might seem even silly to You that I do not remember the time when writing letter was still kind of a thing. It does not change the fact that it had came to my attention how writing a letter seems so... Strange nowadays compared to even let's say... 8 - 10 years ago?

    I am sure nowadays there are some kids/younger teenagers who would laugh at me for saying "I'd love to write a letter to someone"... The reply I would be about to get surely is going to be "Just use Your phone"!

    In my life I wrote about maximum of 5 letters. Three to people I knew, just as an attachment to a package, the other two maybe as a child to a kids magazine. Still, at that time writing a letter did not seem so bizarre as today. I feel like people now see lettering as something so archaic, like it was never the way of communication for over 2000 years. Well, now when I am thinking about this It's ridiculous to me to thing, how the way of communication that was there for so long, has quickly became a dead activity.. Didn't it take like, what? 20-30 years? It's still, admittedly quite short period of time, comparing to how long letters were here. I know, technology is vividly running towards the main source of... Everything, but writing this, only made me realize how long letters have been here with us - humans and humanity.

    My looking at letters was changed by getting more into the art of penmanship. To understand, You need to dive more into it, understanding how much practice it requires and how beautiful it is. For me, letters are like art. They are like the human way of showing our true self through basic words, while being so open to Your closest ones. It is like the human art of our trueness, the sign of us.

    The art of writing with a  fountain pen appeals to me as much as the letter itself. It seems to me, as if fountain pens could be Your friend. Well, it's often that one pen You have always with You for several years, til You need to change it, as they are expensive. It's the beautiful art of having one, great, expensive thing that You love, instead of 10 alright things that are okay, but could be better.

    In my opinion fountain pens somehow look way nicer on a paper, I think it's the way the ink mixes with a paper... It seems like it's supposed to be like that, the way a cheap pen could never achieve.

    Writing a letter is not writing some random words on a keyboard. Because it forces You to writea whole, big message, You need to prepare Your mind well. It's like writing an essay, but under Your imagination. You can convey a lot in a whole letter, but not only Your words matter, but also Your handwriting. Is it welcoming enough? Or the receiver will already build an opinion on You, based on the sloppy handwriting? Even the envelopes are supposed to wanna make the receiver see what is inside!

    I might be writing this from a perspective of a person who never had to write many letters and maybe knows nothing about it, but it does not change the fact what I think of it. I would love to write letters as a hobby, find a pen pal idealistically.

    I wish to convey what I cannot in letters. Although, I seem to have a hard time finding a pen pal. I used one site for several months, but I have not gotten any particular requests... How hard can it be to find some person to write with?

    Having a person to write a summary of my feelings and life once a month, somehow seems to get a deeper bond than sending random images via social media everyday, once asking "how was Your day?" and replying "alright". I know this. I reply alright and never say anything more...

    I just do not like communication through social medias, it's so energy draining. A call makes a better conversation.


Sincerely and entirely Yours,
Vin.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz