18 listopada 2023

Writing like we used to pt.1

    Why did we stop writing in cursive? Well, according to Google, technological advancement took away the need to teach young kids writing in cursive. I guess we the more technology there is the lazier we are and I am not gonna say otherwise... It only takes one look to see that.

    I was never taught cursive. I was taught writing of course, but school never tells You what is the best way to hold a pen to not hurt Yourself. I only saw the consequences of that many years later, with a lot of calluses on my fingers from drawing too much as a 7 year old... And now my handwriting is really stiff... What I mean is that I hold the pen like my life would depend on it and my handwriting is not flowy at all.

    Some people have the problem of "I need a perfect pen to write otherwise it's gonna be hell" and I am unfortunately one of them, making me have only one pen that I can decently write with. Pure hell.

    I used to write with cursive for 5 years maybe? At least it was my handwriting, but do not get fooled by that - it was a doctor type of handwriting... Cool looking, but unpractical. Learning from my notes was uncomfortable because of it... But I do not think the cursive might have been a problem, but my stiffness and overall style.

    On Christimas 2020 I got a Parker fountain pen... I was highly uneducated on fountain pens and my Parker was writing either too juicy or stopping all the time, I told myself that I got enough and left the fountain pen, till few days ago.

    Few days ago I cleaned it, by putting the nib in a warm water... It took a lot of water to clean it - it was really dirty after all these years, nevertheless I managed to cleanse it. I had some other difficulties, but ignoring that at the end I managed to make it work. But it was soooo thick..........

    I am using Parker IM, but in the long run I plan on purchasing Pilot Metropolitan. My Parker model is quite "wet" and writes thicker than I want and I read that this is how that one particular model writes...I thought that mine was somehow... Broken? So I wanna switch to Pilot - a little bit cheaper, with M nib as well, keeping in mind that Japanese M nib works like European F.

   
 I also decided that I am gonna learn writing like I am some 6 year old again... It's kind of fun! As a person who needs everything to be in a nice order and aesthetically pleasing, my handwriting was one of my nightmares to look at... It was not that bad, but I really wanted it to be satisfactory to my eyes. Let's see if I can change it, is it too late?

    In the next part I am gonna focus on my opinions on old cursive writing, fountain pens etc...



Sincerely and entirely Yours,

Vin.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz